Monday, August 3, 2009

The Sims 2 lies

The Sims 2 lies. How you ask? According to The Sims 2, it isn't possible for only one Sim to consider the relationship a friendship, both the Sims must feel the same way. While I like this idea, it clearly isn't true in real life. You see so many times where one person considers the other a friend, while the other person may be merely putting up with that person.

Why am I considering this? Because I'm wondering if I'm in this position at the moment. There's this person that I'm slowly getting to know and I'm slowly starting to consider a friend. But I wonder if they feel the same way, if they think about me at all when I'm not around. I know I'm probably reading too much into what exists, so sometimes I wish it was as simple as The Sims - if I feel friendship I know they do too. But lifte isn't that easy I guess.

Added to this, I have an added complication which is most probably self-inflicted. I feel like I might be convincing myself that i like this guy. When I first met him I found him completely physically unattractive, like completely totally unattractive. But as I get to know him I'm slowly finding him more attractive but I'm not sure if I'm just convincing myself that I'm starting to find him attractive. It's just little things I'm starting to find attractive, like that he has a nice smile when he smiles fully and that he's got nice hands. Strange? Perhaps. I think of him often, just wondering how he is, but when I consider the possibility of anything further than friendship I just can't imagine it. Also, when I'm with him I don't feel like I usually do when I like someone, I usually feel nervous and uncomfortable. When I think about it logically, I know that I don't like him but sometimes I wonder why I think about him so often and wonder if I do like him and don't realise. Maybe I realise that if I let myself like him it will ruin what we have and just cause a mess, so I don't let myself. I do know that if I'm not careful I can fall into the trap of convincing myself I like him, but I won't let myself.

I won't let myself talk myself into liking him, I don't want to ruin the relationship we're developing. I just want to be friends (and I mean 2-way Sim-style friends, not 1-way confused friends!)

No comments:

Post a Comment